YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme 2024 | The Andhra Pradesh (AP) government is continuously rolling out new welfare initiatives and has recently introduced additional schemes. The YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme and the Shadi Tohfa Scheme are among the latest offerings by YSR, set to commence on October 1st. This scheme specifically provides financial assistance of one lakh rupees for the marriage of girls from economically weaker sections or certain categories. Under the YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme, an award of one lakh twenty thousand rupees is available, with special provisions for disabled individuals. In this article, we will delve into the details of the YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme, exploring its objectives and inception. Furthermore, we will guide you on how to access the benefits of this scheme.
YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme 2024
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s Role in Elevating Election Manifestos: In the realm of Indian politics, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has brought a new level of credibility to election manifestos. The preceding TDP government promised a people-centric approach, yet their plans, particularly regarding marriage schemes, remained unfulfilled. In contrast, the current government actively addresses every aspect of its manifesto. In 2023, the State Government introduced the Kalyanamasthu Scheme under the leadership of the YS Jagan administration, enhancing welfare across various societal sectors and boosting financial support.
Implementation and Impact of the Kalyanamasthu Scheme: This program, initiated by the Andhra Pradesh government, became effective on October 1st, 2022. It offers significant financial aid, especially in cases of interfaith marriages. Beneficiaries of this legislation include Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Parsis, Buddhists, and other minority groups.
Addressing Social and Financial Challenges in Marriage: Marriage is an essential and memorable event, yet financial constraints often hinder families from fulfilling social obligations. Recognizing this, the government had assured minority communities of its support prior to assuming office. Upon gaining power, the state administration delivered on its promise with the launch of this campaign, aimed primarily at uplifting minority communities.
Comprehensive Financial Assistance Programs: The “YSR Kalyanamasthu” scheme extends financial assistance to SCs, STs, BCs, the differently-abled, and non-Muslim minorities. Meanwhile, the “YSR Shaadi Tohfa” program specifically aids the Muslim community. These initiatives, undertaken by the government led by the YSR Congress party, are a strategic effort to help low-income families arrange respectable marriages for their daughters.
Update as of January 27, 2024: CM Revanth Instructs Officials on the Kalyanamasthu Scheme
Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy has mandated officials to formulate financial estimates for distributing cash and one tola of gold as part of the Kalyanamasthu program to assist the underprivileged. This directive was issued during a Saturday meeting at the BR Ambedkar Secretariat, involving representatives from the tribal, minority, and BC welfare departments.
In the same meeting, the government also tasked officials with exploring the feasibility of setting up a BC Study Circle in every Parliamentary constituency. The Chief Minister also called for a comprehensive budget estimation for operating all the state’s government-run social welfare hostels, with plans to allocate funds through the green channel based on these estimates.
Further, CM Revanth Reddy sought detailed information about the state’s Gurukuls, particularly those operating in rented facilities. He also instructed the identification of suitable land parcels for constructing permanent school buildings and the preparation of construction estimates.
- Name: YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme
- Launch Date: October 1, 2022
- Launched by: AP State Government
- Objective: To fulfil manifesto promises, focusing on minority groups
- Official Website: www.gsws-nbm.ap.gov.in
Objectives of the YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme
The primary aim of the YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme, as outlined by the state government, is to offer support to minority communities, fulfilling the commitments made in the manifesto. This scheme particularly encourages inter-caste marriages. It’s a well-known fact in India that inter-caste marriages often face resistance from communities and families, leading to isolation for those involved. In light of this, the government has initiated this scheme to provide assistance to minorities in these situations.
Benefits of the YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme
The YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme offers various financial benefits to support marriages, particularly encouraging inter-caste unions. The following is a breakdown of the financial assistance provided under this scheme:
- Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) engaging in inter-caste marriages will receive financial aid of 1.2 lakh rupees.
- SCs and STs beneficiaries will receive approximately 1 lakh rupees for regular marriages.
- Backward Classes (BCs) who marry outside their caste will be eligible for 75,000 rupees.
- BC beneficiaries, in general, will receive 50,000 rupees.
- Differently-abled individuals will be granted financial assistance of 1.5 lakh rupees.
- The scheme also allocates 40,000 rupees to two construction workers for their marriage expenses.
- Additionally, persons with disabilities or handicaps will receive aid in the amount of 1.5 lakh rupees under this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Andhra Pradesh YSR Kalyanamasthu Scheme
Before applying for the scheme, ensure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Belong to BC/SC/ST/Minorities (excluding Muslims), or be handicapped.
- Girls should be at least 18 years old and boys 21 years old, intending to marry each other.
- Both individuals in the couple should have a minimum educational qualification of SSC (matriculation pass).
- Total landholdings should not exceed 10 acres of dry land or 3 acres of wetland.
- The family’s total monthly income should not exceed 10,000 rupees in rural areas and 12,000 rupees in urban areas.
- The average monthly electricity consumption should be less than 300 units. Beneficiaries should not be children of government employees.
- No family member should be a recipient of a pension.
- Applicants must not own any four-wheeled vehicles.
- Children in the family should not be income tax payees.
- Applicants must be entering their first marriage.
- Widows are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Those applying should not have a built-up area exceeding 1000 square feet in municipal areas.
Required Documents for the Kalyanamasthu Scheme
To apply for the Kalyanamasthu Scheme, you need to provide a handful of essential documents for age and income verification. These include:
- Date of Birth (DOB) Certificate for age proof.
- Income Certificate to verify your income level.
- 10th class certificate as proof of educational qualification.
- Recent Electricity bill for residential verification.
- A valid Mobile Number for contact purposes.
To enrol in the program, it’s necessary to fulfil all the specified eligibility criteria detailed in the document. You can familiarize yourself with the program’s details by accessing them online or by visiting your local village or ward secretary. The application process requires visiting these authorities, as the program is managed through the village or ward secretariats. During your visit, you will receive the application form, which needs to be completed and accompanied by the required documents. Following this, a verification process will be conducted, after which eligible participants will receive the program’s benefits.